GRANT WRITING FOR NON-PROFITS
includes grant research, grant writing, and grants management.
Grant Research and Planning
- Vision — Initial and ongoing discussions with organizational leadership in order to identify priorities and direction of proposed development efforts.
- Grant Research — Comprehensive grant research, tailored to organization’s specific grant-seeking criteria, using the Foundation Center’s online database of 100,000 grant-makers, The Chronicle of Philanthropy, Philanthropy News Digest, and other weekly publications, newsletters, etc. Findings will include: Names of appropriate funders, deadlines, restrictions, type of support, specific grant making guidelines, proposal format, required attachments, and other relevant information to properly prepare for proposal submission.
- Creation of a “Research Summary and Action Plan” using a spreadsheet format which can be used as a working document, sorted as needed, by deadline dates, programs, and/or priority activities.
- Relationship Building — Identify possible connections with potential funders. Strategize cultivation of funder relationships.
- The Next WRITE Thing works with organizational leadership to develop narrative to be used in letters of inquiry and proposals, for specific projects and programs as identified in initial planning and/or designated by organization.
- Extended research into identified grant making organizations is conducted via website, phone calls, giving history, etc. to verify and confirm grant deadlines and specific areas of giving.
- Letters of inquiry and proposals are tailored and submitted (along with all required attachments and documentation), according to appropriate deadlines and application guidelines per grant making organization.
The four cardinal virtues are a road map to the simple truth of the universe. To revere all of life, to live with natural sincerity, to practice gentleness, and to be in service to others is to replicate the energy field from which you originated.
— Dr Wayne Dyer
Monthly Grants Management Services
The Next WRITE Thing staff serves as key members of your development team, fostering a systemic approach to sustainability, including:
- Continued writing, editing, finalizing, and submitting letters of inquiry and proposals for specific programs and projects.
- Ongoing research tailored to organization’s grant seeking criteria, using online database(s), publications, newsletters, etc.
- Continued updates to Research Summary and Action Plan spreadsheet. The spreadsheet will be used as a working document, in order to track and report status of letters and proposals.
- Notification of upcoming deadlines, reports and/or proposals due.
- Appropriate written follow-up on pending proposals and grant awards.
The Next WRITE Thing assists with writing and editing of Public Relations materials including:
- Website Content and Updates
- Organizational Newsletters
- Annual Report Preparation
- Press releases and news articles
- Donor relations materials and correspondence
PERSPECTIVE AND EXPERIENCE
Rely on us to exceed your expectations
- Founder and Director, Dawn Michelle Walter has worked in the nonprofit sector for over two decades, as well as adding support to socially conscious for-profit organizations.
- The vision of the founder, and the entire organization, is to work with organizations and people who are passionate about the work they do each day. If this describes your organization, and if you need assistance with writing/content, ask us about how we can support you.
- Most successful businesses will tell you they could not have accomplished their goals without help. Our core principles and strong mission shape our efforts. Find out what makes our proven approach to your grants and copywriting management successful. Call us today. 480-559-1440