Based in Arizona.
I’m Dawn Michelle Walter, founder and director of The Next WRITE Thing and I’m here to help you clarify your organization’s message.
If you’re a business owner or non-profit leader, with a creative, conscious message, then you’re in the right place. I specialize in helping entrepreneurs, small businesses, and non-profits professionalize their image and convert more prospects with clear & refined writing.
Remarkable stories are timeless.
Good stories don’t need the latest schtick or snazziest graphics.
And yours don’t either.
Your story speaks for itself – when you give it a clear voice.
That’s what I do. I help clarify & refine the story that already lives within your organization.
Clear copy connects with its readers. Refined copy is precisely tuned to hit all the right notes, and help your readers connect back to you, and to your organization. As a result, they become your loyal clients and funders.
Let’s work together to curate that timeless story of yours.
When you work with us, you can expect more than just the written content you’ve paid for.
You’ll walk away with confidence – confidence that your communication is in sync with your prospects; that what you’re thinking and saying is what they’re feeling.
We believe in:
- Clear, concise, and compelling narrative.
- Striving every day to practice integrity and kindness – in business and in life.
People hire us when they want to:
- Find someone whose thinking and writing are equally sharp.
- Identify an expert who understands the agency-client relationship.
- Work with a versatile and flexible writing resource.
- Find communications that achieve results.
- Analyze and audit their communication materials.
- Develop a long-term content marketing strategy.
- Research and write content or improve existing content.
- Train teams to build their in-house content capabilities.
- Improve their own writing but don’t know where to start.
- Give people or teams specific writing skills for their specific jobs.
- Make sure everyone is writing in a consistent tone of voice.
- Explore whether their existing tone of voice reflects who they are today.
- And more.
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live a life you have imagined.
— Henry David Thoreau
From the day we get started to the final deliverables, you’ll gain access to:
- Over two decades of copywriting/grant writing knowledge and expertise in how to leverage the best, most effective copy, strategy, and insights.
- An in-depth look at all the data and the research, plus the ability to leverage every aspect of this research into your message, including developing and executing multiple ideas and concepts into any number of key deliverables.
- Marketing and Website Audit, and all that needs to be done to reap the benefits of using your product/story over your competitor’s.
- A higher standard of service, care, and attention to detail — managing and planning every aspect of your project from start to finish.
- A deep understanding and background in the art and science of both writing and developing highly-strategic, results-driven copy.
- Creative, professional writers with the kind of knowledge and expertise organizations have relied upon over the years to get their story to those prospects that matter most.